Yeah, this topic has been chatted up before. I don't have real strong feelings on it one way or the other (not sure what I've said in the past).

One the one hand there are issues of the impact on dealers who don't discount. Yet, the surfeit of 9500 & 10000 edition pieces has to be dealt with some how - HL sure ain't buyin' 'em back. I suppose there is a difference between ridding oneself of excess inventory that doesn't sell and general dumping of new product on e-Bay.

The HL marketplace has changed considerably over the last several years. One might even make a case that Y&A has discounted (commoditized?) their own line with the introduction of all the different non-Limited Editions. The same rationale used for GLOWs - that "they bring more people to become collectors" - can be applied to discounted LEs.

From a forum admin perspective it might be nice if msgs about sales or discounted pieces stay localized rather than spread all over. One person's 'helpful information' is another person's 'advertisement'. I'm disinclined to see "Big Sale" posting all over the place simply because its pleasing to have some spots where you can get away from that.

But not in the Marketplace - let's keep that for people rather than stores or vendors. Don't think we need 'The Bargain Bin' forum either. Hmmmm... perhaps the 'Secondary Market' forum - after all that covers items priced at other than retail. Doesn't really matter as long as we kinda don't spread these "ads" or "informative messages" everywhere.

Quote:
I recently raised the question with Harbour Lights about gaining back the link to the Collector Forums, however, I think this issue is moot now.
Good - let it remain moot. Y&A has been too prissy about this link, imo. If we wanted to spank 'em we could make up "Dis-connected Collector" badges for the next regional, but I say just let it drop. When they feel they need this venue, they'll come asking.

The wind lifts, the fog shifts,
T