>>Simply by renaming the "Collector Forums" to "Lighthouse Collector Forums" so it shows up in focused web searches? *That* seems harmless enough. Or did you have something more far-reaching in mind? <<

Not really, Art. And I wasn't even thinking that much about other lines of lighthouse models. It doesn't seem any of those have a foaming band of wackos associated with 'em. (But I suppose *somebody* buys 'em cause they keep churnin 'em out). I was thinking more of collectors of other lighthouse stuff, or just those interested in lighthouses.

Having come in on the ground floor with these forums I'm not real concerned that other folks would some how dilute what we have here. Heck - we're fully capable of doing that ourselves and seem to do so on a regular basis. You can stare at your models for hours (and I've been known to do that on occasion) but there's only so much you can say about 'em. I'm not real worried, like some, about 'wadding through' an occasional message thats about something other than I'm interested in. We've got enough less than mindful clucking already and it doesn't seem to keep folks from coming back. Heck - I figured the more the merrier. The zampolits will keep order so things don't go out of hand. :-)

As for all the concern about changing what ain't broke. Never said it was broke, but, like duh, it was a change that prompted my message in the first place. What if the proposal was to change the name from 'Harbour Lights Collector Forums'to just plain old 'Collector Forums'. Somehow we survived that!

And it sure is interesting to read the replies...

Rgds,
                  __
Rasta Fogger /im

[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 12-16-99).]