>>A couple of other indicators that GLOWs are not having a huge impact on secondary prices. ...<<

Took a little while to think this one through. While the observations about sales of specific pieces are quite interesting, I don't believe the softness in prices can be explained away by showing pricing on individual pieces which happen to have or not have GLOWs. Obviously some models hold their value better than others - this has always been the case. In general, the entire market is soft - only a handful of pieces are showing any significant upward trend. (Portland Head may be selling well, but not at the $700-$800 price tag it had for at least 18 months.)

No doubt there are a number of factors involved and we seem to agree on several of these. Nonetheless I continue to believe the advent of fancier GLOWs correlates with an LE secondary pricing decline.

Nice to hear Bill H. shares my belief in the likelihood for long term interest in lighthouses, but at this juncture I'm not willing to bet against history and can't endorse the prediction that this equates to a long term market for collectible (that is, Limited Edition) lighthouse models. No doubt lighthouse giftware (including GLOWs) will still be plentiful - and that may very well sustain HL for a long long time. But I start to repeat my earlier post...

With regard to >>you'll continue to hear about "collecting what you like" because that's part of why we're all here. << I guess all I can say is "thats nice". For me personally, I only get so much mileage out of cuddling my HL models and I get bored with 'akuna mattata' as the answer to every question. But that may come from reading too much Sartre at too early an age. :-)

As a side question, are there any women on the forum who - independently of their husband's interest or otherwise if not married - have the goal to collect all the LEs?

Tickled smurfy,
__
/im