Daniel I talked to Bill and told him I would send him a copy of this Forum and asked him if he cared to comment on the Founder's Collection. What follows is an email that Nancy sent me from Bill..
Quote:

Kim and Nancy and I have all read the Forum posts you sent. I'm glad that Daniel, and others, are enjoying the early pieces, the Founders Collection, and the 1-10's. Funny that one simple idea of saving some of each lighthouse would turn out to be so complicated and at times, mysterious. All we wanted to do was to keep a set of H. L. lighthouses for ourselves, for posterity.

Anyway we want to retain the same "professional distance" from the Forum that we maintained all the years of it's existence- we simply want the collectors to be able to comment and conjecture to their hearts' content!

That said, we would like to make only two comments, and they are generic.

One, we never replicated the 1-10's - we made them only once for each lighthouse edition. Some were produced at the beginning of the collection, some at the end (when we were unable to keep up with demand) and some in the middle - but never did we duplicate and make more than one set of 1-10's.

Secondly, I have love for all the lighthouses we made - I loved the California-made Harbour Lights - they were our first --our babies - and we later shook our heads in amazement that their imperfections were so well received , but they were still our first. And I loved the Canadian pieces - they were unique, painted in homes in a cottage industry-style, and we made many advances and improvements during our time in Canada. And then, with the Malaysian factory came more quality and improvement, and so I did love the various pieces, all for their own personal traits.
Bill

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!