We drove through downtown Sandusky, OH and over the Cedar Point causeway to the park. I followed the advice I had gotten and stayed to the left as I entered the parking lot for the park. Unfortunately due to the nice weather and the fact that there was also a boat show going on that day it seemed they had extra help on parking lot duty. The young man who asked me if I was going to the park or the boat show responded "What lighthouse? " to my response that I was going to neither but intended to just go to the lighthouse. I just gave him my $10 and chalked it up to bad timing.

You drive around about 2/3 rds of the park passing a number of buildings, restaurants, marinas and roller coasters until you come upon a sign that says "Lighthouse Point". It's a section of the park that is both a RV camping area and also holds cabins that you can rent to stay in and they literally surround the spot - or point- that holds the lighthouse. I do wish I could have been with Dave when he ran his trip that included getting into this lighthouse but that was another example of bad timing for me.

We walked around the lighthouse using the Paul Brady Method of Photography- in other words move your feet. Here are some of the results of that.-

I also took some photos of the AToN just off the shore from Lighthouse Point and looking out towards Marblehead LH.

We left Cedar Point LH with our next destination in my mind- Huron Harbor LH. We took a slight detour on the way there, though.