Quote:
Originally posted by Lorie Roe:
Dennis,

I am assuming that you will be going into port in Greenock, Scotland when you go to Glasgow. The lighthouse in Greenock is called the Cloch Lighthouse. You can take a free tour to see the lighthouse from the visitor's booth when you get off the ship. You can easy see it when you enter or leave the port.

You can see the Blackhead Antrim lighthouse going in to Belfast. Another lighthouse that can be seen is Hellisoy Fyrstasjon lighthouse in Fedje, Norway. I'm pretty sure this lighthouse can be seen when you leave Bergen, Norway on the way to Hellesylt, Norway.

Enjoy all the beautiful fjords, waterfalls and glaciers in Norway. They are just gorgeous.

This is the Briksdalen Glacier, an arm of the Jostedals Glacier. We stopped here on a tour starting from Geiranger, Norway and ending at Hellesylt, Norway.

There are lots of lighthouses seen from the distance but were too far away to get decent pictures.
Lorie,

I got up on deck this morning just in time to see the Cloch Lighthouse. We took a tour of glasgow this morning and I saw two smaller aids to navigation on the way and tried to get photos on the way back- unfortunately I couldn't get any good ones.

I hired a taxi and went back there to get some shots. The two lights there are called-

Port glasgow Light

http://www.lhdepot.com/database/uniquelighthouse.cfm?value=2332

Steamboat Quay Light

http://www.lhdepot.com/database/uniquelighthouse.cfm?value=4216

We also went up to the Cloch Lighthouse. It's a private rsidence but the taxi driver knocked on the door and asked the lady there if we could come in and take a look around. she graciously let us into the grounds and we also got into the first floor of the old keeper's House where her daughter lives.

I'll try and see the Lighthouse going into or out of Belfast and we will be in Hellsylt nd Bergen as well.

We'll also be going to the Briksdalen Glacier on an escursion from Geiranger to Hellesylt.

I'm sure many are too far away to see where we are going. I'm hoping to see some while on the way into or out of copenhagen as well.

Thanks for the information- I'm sure it will come in handy.

Dennis