Bob,

There were a couple of times I wasn't quite sure the truck I was driving had a wide enough wheel base to not go into one of the holes.

I'm glad there wasn't any standing water as I would not have gone through it knowing what that road looked like elsewhere. It's why I specified that a 4 wheel drive truck or Jeep would be better than say a suburu 4 wheel drive car- not enough clearance or wide enough wheel base to feel comfortable.

I made Esther nervous enough at Cape Kumukahi by going through a big puddle- there were no deep holes prior to the puddle and I went at about 2 miles an hour in case it got deep fast. It didn't- it was just a couple of inches deep.

The money I spent for the 4 wheel drive truck for the one day was well spent- it would have been a waste to have it the whole time but it came in handy that day. I'd reccomend to anyone intending to go to Kauhola Point that they do the same- unless they know they are going to use the 4 wheel drive more often just get a second vehicle for the one day.

I just went to Enterprise because it was in the shopping center near the condo. there is a company that specializes in off road vehicles that does not prohibit you from driving on Sadle Road like the major rental companies do- even with a 4 wheel drive vehicle.

Dennis