It's time for our 2nd lighthousing trip this year, leaving tomorrow. We will mostly be concentrating on Maryland, Delaware, and New Jersey, and should hit 22-24 lights if things go as planned.

We will first visit a few northern Chesapeake Bay lights before crossing into northern Delaware.

We will then try to visit a majority of the lessor known Delaware River range lights from the Philadelphia area south, on both banks of the river. Many are on industrial properties, and may take some clever maneuvering/ tresspassing to get close.

Eventually working our way south along the Delaware Bay, we will end up in the Cape Henlopen area, then crossing over to Cape May.

The final leg of the trip will be to work our way up the Jersey coast to Sandy Hook & Navesink, then over to the Poconos for some nature and a soak in a hot tub (I wouldn't doubt if it is heart shaped).

In addition to all the well known lights, we will be visiting some lessor known ones such as the Old Ludlam Beach Light (now without the beacon), Tuckerton Seaport replica light, Conover Beacon, Cape Henlopen replica, Liston Range, Marcus Hook Range, Bellevue Range, Chapel Hill Range, Tinicum Range, East Point, New Castle Range, Mispillion, Reedy Island Range, Finn Point Range, etc.

Beyond all the lighthousing, we will be spending a night gambling in Atlantic City. We are staying one block away from the intersection of Park Place & Boardwalk, and I will probably loose all my allocated HL money (wish me luck). I have my "stay out of jail" card in the wallet already. Will tell Donald you all said hi. Another night will be spent on the boardwalk at the Wildwoods, riding the coasters, eating salt water taffy, and watching fireworks on the beach. Of course some Blue Crab, whole lobsters, and plenty of double Cafe Mochas will keep us going on my typical "slavedriver" schedule. Will let you know all the lights we hit upon our return. I'm looking forward to trying out 3 new lenses I recently picked up, hopefully I'll have a few nice shots. Bye Bye.

Rod Watson
[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 08-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 08-22-2000).]