Good morning everyone. I just returned from my trip to Upstate New York or should I say, my travel back in time. Thanks to everyone I found all my lights (13 of them), met some very wonderful people and got to share memories that have not dimmed with time. Mombo, my Siamese Tanci, decided at the last minute not to accompany me because she heard that it was going to be a very warm weekend and she tends to wilt in the heat. She asked me to bring back something sweet and thanks to your wine map, I found Goose Watch Winery that had a cream sherry and a lovely port. Tanci seems quite pleased with both!

And Paul, you're correct. We did just meet at New Castle. Small world!

As I said above I got to see 13 new lights for me from St. Johnsville where I met the harbormaster who had built the canal light, to Cooperstown and then up to Frenchman's Island and Brewerton...when I kind of scared myself wandering thru 6 foot high grass and flowers. The Brewerton light is the before picture to the lovely Verona Beach light. What a lot of work the society has done on Verona. It looks wonderful. I followed those up with a brief trip to Lake Ontario to see Sodus Point(2), Oswego, Selkirk and capped it off with Stony Point. And finally on Saturday taking advice on wineries I went down the west side of Cayuga Lake and saw the two Cayuga inlet lights and the last one at Myers Point.

I can't tell you all how much I enjoyed this time going back. it was grand. Oh...a question for anyone who might know. Penny, the owner of the Pancake House in Sylvan beach, showed me a picture of an old lighthouse at the end of a breakwater by the Erie Canal. She tells me that the base is still there. I took some pictures but don't think I could recognize it. Anyone have any more details on this light. Penny has the picture behind the counter if you're in the neighborhood.

I'll try to post some pictures today if someone can give me a hint on how to do that.

Yvonne

Yvonne
What would you do if you knew you would not fail?