Once again, thanks to the 71 photographers who entered 215 photographs in the Collector Forum Photography Contest.

To view the winners, click here

As per the contest rules, Harbour Lights may make use of the images in the future at the website and/or in future issues of the Lighthouse Legacy.

First Place winners will receive a Limited Edition Harbour Lights and Honorable Mention winners will receive a Little Light of Mine.

If I need an address for you, I'll email you, otherwise assume that I have your address from the contest entry. Expect to receive your award in a couple of weeks directly from Harbour Lights.

If you requested the return of your photographs and provided a stamped self-addressed envelope, I will send them off to you by March 23.

I've added links to each of the Honorable Mention winners at the 'Winners' page. And I corrected an error in identification. An honorable mention of Peggy's Cove lighthouse should have been attributed to Matt Moorlag.

The best laid plans... seemed to entangle the judges in too much work and so the spreadsheet idea I submitted to them was not used by 2 of the 3 judges. These judges simply submitted a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place among the pictures in each category. I coverted the points given through the spreadsheet by the 3rd judge to 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

First place was valued at 5 points, second place at 3 points and 3rd place at 1 point.

The 3 judges each placed the same lighthouse image in 1st place in the two lighthouse categories. This meant that there were fewer honorable mentions in these two categories.

To receive an honorable mention, an image had to have a score of 3 or higher -- meaning one of the judges had to position it as 1st or 2nd but did not receive enough points to be the first place winner in the category.

Since the original judging methodology was not used, it is not possible to send each photographer the number of points they received or comments (which the judges did not provide.)

Suffice it to say the judges had a difficult time trying to select winners from among the large number of excellent photographs submitted.

Thanks to all who participated and thanks for your patience in awaiting the results. Thanks also to Tim Young for coming up with the idea and to the judges Tim, Kim Andrews, and Court Patton.

Let's do it again in 2003!

You are welcome to discuss the winners in this thread or to say which ones YOU would have chosen if you disagree with the outcome.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 03-15-2002).]