It's one thing for HL to be in business to make money, it's another thing to release 10 years of "Limited Edition" collectibles and then break the promise not to make additional full size pieces. Many years ago, when the GLOW line was released, collectors received a letter from the company stating that re-releases would be 20% smaller than the original, preserving the uniqueness of the LE line. The Collector's Society began with a tradition of offering a "members only" sculpture - which means, in my mind "you can't buy the sculpture unless you are a member in a particular year, or buy it on the secondary market.

The release of the St. Augustine sculpture earlier in the year totally violated the LE policy; the release of the Hereford inlet recently violated the "members only Society" release. We have seen a 360 degree switch in the integrity of Younger and Associates. I can only imagine that they are in serious trouble, because all of this is totally out of character.

I suggest collectors do what I do. STOP BUYING LIMITED EDITION COLLECTIBLES FROM HARBOUR LIGHTS -CUZ THEY ARE NO LONGER LIMITED!!! Buy what you love, because if you decide a year or two later you're not crazy about the piece, it will have little secondary value.

And another reason why people not buying? Because while there are plenty of highly sought out lighthouses still to be released (Old North Block Island, Point Vicente, Point Bonita, Cape Charles etc), HL continues to release obscure pieces such as the upcoming 2005 release of Avery Point in Connecticut. Why release such an insignificant sculpture when millions of New Englanders would much rather have New London Light or the Five Mile Point Lighthouse in New Haven?