Tony - I can appreciate your feelings on the "spirit" of these posts. Please don't take them as not caring or as a slam against the Youngers and their generosity of giving up the low numbers.

I think a lot of us (me included) had some misconceptions on what the pieces would be when we first bought them last year and the year before. I assumed that when I requested my 3 pieces last year I would get all three with serial numbers under #10. I did get all three with serial numbers under #10, but, the one early piece (Minot's Ledge) was a Malaysian Piece instead of a California/Canadian piece. My other 2 pieces were later production so the Malaysian/China pieces were as expected. I was very disappointed in the Malaysian Minot's Ledge as I was going for a green water piece. It was explained how the Younger's did there numbering after the fact but by that time it was too late.

Based on the fact that I am not a numbers person, don't really want duplicates (I'm on autoship) and can't even control what pieces I would buy even if I were to want a duplicate is why I am passing.

I think most of the collectors feel this way and even those that are not on autoship or want a duplicate piece would at least want to choose what they are buying and not go with a "pig in a polk" scenario. I think if the choice was given, or at least 3 choices was given(would at least get one of your 3 choices) you would have a lot better reception to this offer.

Rich