Bob is right.
Even though it is retired doesn’t mean that ever every one of them has been sold.
It just means that all of Harbour Lights inventory has been sold. There may be dealers out there that still have one or two.

There is a retired at retail on the HL website that helps collectors find retired L.E.’s. But it is not the same as the old retire at retail. It is just a list that dealers send in listing their retired lighthouses (unless it has been changed by computer technology) that they are still trying to sell. I doubt that any dealer is going to list the White Mac AB as not sold.

The old retired at retail had a volunteer, first it was Sean Thompson. Then later Rick Mau took over. The volunteer would take down Dealer names and phone numbers and the name of the retired lighthouse that was sent in by collectors. A list was presented on the HL web site of lighthouses that was still available. If something was on that list that you wanted, you could email a request for it. The name of the dealer with a phone number was then sent to you.

Retired at retail got its start from the pre-Forums days at the America On Line bulletin board. That is also where John got his title of Saint. (that is an other whole story) The very, very start of retired at retail started back in 1997 when a collector has looking for an Ocracoke and the members on the AOL board found one for him.

What I am getting at and I didn’t mean to go threw so much history, but maybe if Harbour Lights is going to start making rare lighthouses again, we should start a Collector based “Retired at Retail”. Collectors on this forum can start locating “White Mac’s that are still out there and help other collectors on this forum that are still looking for one.

DANIEL