The Wacko Name Badges we did for the Baltimore Reunion last fall were very well received. In fact, on numerous occasions I have been asked if we were considering doing a version for 2002. After discussion with John, the answer is a definite yes. Here is what we have decided:

The badges will be the same size as the ones done for the reunion, and will be in a similar format. We have decided that proceeds from sales will be sent to the South East Block Island light, the light selected for depiction on this year's Wacko Pin. We will use a picture of SEBI (the light, not the HL piece) on the badge.

Information on the badge (tentatively) will be your screen name, real name, Collector's Forum status, hometown, and possibly your lighthouse club name. The addition of club name is new. The design of the badge is still being worked on, and a sample will be posted as soon as it is available.

Also new this year will be an available lanyard (the strap around your neck that the badge hangs from). The lanyard will proclaim your status as a Harbour Lights Wacko imprinted on it.

Pricing will be:

Badge Only: $5 if delivered in person
$6 if mailed
2 for $11 mailed
With lanyard: $8 if delivered in person
$9 if mailed

(In person: I will be at the NJ and Chicago regional events. If you plan to be at one of these events and can wait until then for your name badge, there won’t be any postage expenses.)

Last year we sold 141 badges and ended up contributing $620 to the St. George Reef Lighthouse Preservation Society. Since this will be a longer-term project, open to all collectors, I hope that we will be able to surpass the total you all helped raise last year.

Hopefully we will have a picture of the final version before long and will be ready to start taking orders. Looking forward to improving on our last year’s effort, with the help of each of you!

Dave