Sean makes a most valid point, as does Daniel. At this point in time the only value to remaining a Collector Society member is to receive the "gift" lighthouse (though it really isn't a gift....) and to be able to purchase the special redemption piece. With a little work, you can purchase both these pieces without being a member, just find a dealer who will sell you theirs at the end of the society year.

As much as it frustrates us, the Legacy can be a very valuable marketing piece for HL. If it gets to a few new or potential collectors and causes them to become collectors it has served it's purpose. Of course, the current collector and society member no longer has an exclusive. Personally I believe we will see the end of the society at the end of this society year since it no longer serves a real purpose.

And as I said before, there is no way that a log in and password will be anywhere near effective. Since there is no "harm" to be done by giving out the information to friends, it would happen on a wholesale level. Even if that isn't done, the Legacy could be downloaded and distributed by other means. Might as well just cut to the chase and make it widely available. Mind you, I don't like this any better than you do, but it is reality.