Bob,

It sounds as though we're from approximately the same era, Plasticville, two 4 x 8 plywood panels, and all. [I just turned 59 last month]. I got most of my train stuff from Sears, and the brand that they carried was Marx, along with Lionel and American Flyer [S gauge]. Of course, Lionel was the Cadillac of trains, but a good deal of Marx wasn't too shabby either. Toward the end, I did get the exciting release of Lionel's "The General," with the stock car, passenger coach and mail/baggage coach, and flat car, which I cherished, kept in all its original boxes, and have now passed on to my nephew [aged 33]. He handles it with loving hands, too. That was a difficult year for Christmas choices, inasmuch as Marx brought out its competing "William Crooks" and American Flyer brought out "The Franklin." I had been hoping that some old time locos would be done in O gauge, and they all came out at once. Everything else has been dispersed. A one point in time, I could have easily been tempted to go into hock for HO. If I knew I had another 30 good years, a generous budget and, most importantly, some place to set up a permanent, mind-boggling layout, I could still easily get sucked back into the whole business!

Wish I wasn't so susceptible to miniature things!

Danny