Somehow I am beginning to feel like I should not contribute any further to this discussion. But then I can't help wanting to say this.
I am not primarily a HL collector. We have a few, but our lighthouse collection consists mainly of other things like stamps with lighthouses and photographs / post cards ...
So ... I am not really a "proper" member here. BUT I feel (or felt?) welcome here. I am happy to come here and "talk" to friends and people that seem to think like me , people who are interested in lighthouses - like me! But also, like me, interested in other things like pets, books, cars, grandkids etc.
When John invited us to join, I was initially not sure, we should. As I said... we are not really HL collectors. But then when the Welcomes came and I "got to know" some pleople and took part in the PCEs, I thought that CF is something special! Welcoming, special people who have things to talk about - and not just lighthouse things. For me this is a place to meet friends, exchange news, chat about ... what ever and get and give information.
Am I so wrong? It feels increasingly like I may be. It would be a shame!!! And I very much hope I am not!
Please Please keep this place the friendly welcoming place I found when I joined!

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...