Okay back to the reason for the thread...

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce10b3127cce94b93f67d6f700000076108AZtWzNu2ZOH[/img]
This is me, Judy (Castleberry) with Shirin Pagels at Ocracoke last October. I'm the blonde.

I'm active in a bunch of lighthouse groups, New England Lighthouse Lovers, Outer Banks Lighthouse Society, and Chicamacomico Historical Society to name a few. I also founded and am the president of a HL Collectors Club called Outer Banks Lighthouse Lovers.

My Harbour Lights collection is not small and also not as big as some, but it seems to be taking over my home space. Besides the fun of collecting the little guys, Harbour Lights has brought me many cherished friends.

I am a fundraiser, having served as a director of fundraising for Habitat for Humanity in a past life. In the past five years, I've poured all those efforts into the preservation of lighthouses. That means I go after the big bucks from corporations, seek grants and also plan the fun type fundraisers like golf tournaments and auctions.

I love to visit lighthouses and the more I see the more I need to see. This fall I'll be re-visiting some and seeing many more for the first time as I do the Maine trip and attend the NELL fall meeting at Avery Point. I expect to be traveling north quite frequently.

In my work life, I'm a real estate broker and sales trainer. I'm also the proud grandmother of a six year-old boy. smile

Judy

Judy