Returning to MC we stopped by the hotel for a short rest before heading out to the lighthouse to make last minute preparations before the lights came on. We had some last minute things to do to get the lantern room ready. Somehow we fit 4 of us into the lantern room (no easy feat if you have ever been there).

Doyne sets the last few hooks in place

Larry and Sharon placing one of the swags that would be in every other window

The plan is for lighted wreaths to be in every other window (with the lighted swags in the other windows). I'm happy with how the wreaths look, and the cool finial ornament I found to hang in the center of the lantern room. The swags show up, but I am a little disappointed in how they look (not the fault of the workers, the swags are just too 'stiff', not nicely flowing as I envisioned).

I had set the timers to come on at 4, just a little before sunset at 4:15. We didn't have the "throwing of the switch" as the lights are on two circuts, the second one being at the base of the lantern room and I wasn't in the mood to run up the steps any more than I already had. Anyways, here is the lighthouse with the new lights lit

Not too bad considering it was still before sunset. We posted some images of the light after dark with some of the new lights installed and lit. I didn't get back to the lighthouse after dark to get more pictures, but you can bet the lighthouse is now the star of the fantastic light display in Washington Park.

We may decide to add some lights for next year, who knows. I will be anxious to hear reports back from the historical society folks on how the community feels about the new lights.