We did have other item up for auction besides the GOLD. I was taken by the Texas Winter wear, myself, which consisted of a great coffee mug, tee-shirt and hat from the Sabine Pass group. We had two-framed pictures up for auction, they didn't get a single bid. The framing alone was worth $50 at least. One of the picture's was mine, which really hurt "ouch" smile .
We had several signed LE's up for bid that went far below the dealer's price. Maybe we should have placed a reserve or starting bid on the other lots like we did with the GOLD.

I know most forum members already have many of the LE's we placed up for auction in their collections, perhaps they are signed, perhaps not. Remember, it's the spirit of the thing not the price. You drop $10 to $20 on tickets, but couldn't place a bid on the other items such as hat, tee shirt, mugs ECT. In the end we have a light that is extremely poor and in need of cash. The GOLD was extremely helpful in this effort, it alone raised more cash than we could have even if the other pieces had gone for 100 time SRP. eek

It's a real possibility that we could do a web cast of a reunion or regional event. It's entirely dependent on the location where it is held and access to support hardware. If we were to have a regional or reunion here in Houston we could set the whole thing up with very little trouble now that we have some experience under our belts. The key is to have the necessary IP addresses. smile

In the end it was fun and the food was great. laugh

Chuck laugh

bigdragon