Most people collect by searching, finding, and adding to their collections. Soooo, everytime I get this offer for an instant collection in the mail, I wonder about it and its merits.

I am sure most of you have received this offer, but, if you haven't, it is a series by the "Postal Commemorative Society". Each pair consists of a panel on the left, featuring an international lighthouse postal stamp in mint condition with a narrative about the light and a map showing its location on the world map. Facing it, on the right, is an enlarged picture of the light. When you subscribe, you receive the usual album for keeping your panels safe. You receive three pairs of panels each month - of course, they don't say how long the subscription runs. They do look beautiful but it seems to me to cheat one out of the fun of finding each stamp individually. Of course, some of us, like me, might never collect these stamps, if we didn't buy something like this offer. Any thoughts? Anybody purchased them? Margret, what do you think?

beachcomber