I had said,
Quote:
Don't forget that the majority of Currituck County lies on the mainland before you ever cross the bridge to the Outer Banks.

This is also where the County Government resides.
And Dave added...
Quote:
Well, the part of Currituck County that is "over the bridge" or actually part of the OBX has more in common with the Dare County portion than Currituck County. It would make a lot more sense if that small portion was actually part of Dare County.
Actually the mainland part of Currituck County is separated by water and there is a ferry that one can take from one side to the other. So if you were looking at a birdseye view of the area, Currituck County in its entirety sits totally north of Dare County.

This where I see the problem, i.e., why these officials keep getting elected, and why there is not enough support of voters for the sensible solution, which I see as this. -> Leave the lighthouse alone and quit harassing the people who legally OWN it, and who have put it in its pristeen condition we see today for ALL to enjoy, including the TOURISTS that spend big bucks in this county.

The majority of Currituck's voters live on the mainland and are mostly farmers, and the County officials look out for the farmers. These people are busy with their daily lives of farming, and know the lighthouse is there, but probably don't give it much thought.

But wouldn't it be great if we could really find a fix for this crap that has been going on far too long!

Judy

Judy