I would like to see a new pair of lights made (like Old and New Presque Isle, Mi...as an example), but as seperate pieces where the two bases "fit" together if you happen to purchase both. They would almost appear like the Old and New Cape Henry piece with continuous landscaping between the two lights when you put them together, but now with a much larger footprint. Each would be designed as a 'complete looking' sculpture, whether they are seperated or together in a cabinet. When put together, they would then have a much longer looking base then a single piece, and could really focus the design on all the landscaping between the lights. I love the big footprints, and this would be an innovative way to approach it. Not suggesting any kind of hokey 'interlocking' base concept, but pieces designed with a somewhat smooth transition when placed side by side. Those that like big footprints are accomodated, and those that don't are also covered. Buy one, buy both...your choice. No matter what new idea HL does, one group loves it and another group hates it. This could be an innovative concept used for a few pieces where you shouldn't get too many nay sayers, but could possibly create a bit of interest if done right.

Front and Rear range light sets would work really well for this concept too (Bailey's Harbor range lights, or Munising range lights, etc.). Would also be a neat way to do 2 flanking breakwater lights (Cleveland West Breakwater and Cleveland East Pier) when the bases connect together neatly in the waterway between the two lights.

I also like having various 'Bob' trees scattered throughout a display. Ties all the lights together with a bit of landscaping. Wouldn't mind having a few more bushes, trees, or other lighthouse and beach type scenery pieces to fill in some occasional gaps between similar size pieces. Makes for a nice display. I don't at all suggest taking this to the extreme with tons of ancillary junk (like many Christmas collection scenes), but just a few extras to scatter around would be nice. All open edition pieces without specific HL numbers, so those that hate the idea don't have to moan about needing to buy them for their 'complete' HL collection, etc.