Size does matter.

The day Old Point Comfort was released was a happy day for me. I'd also love to see more tall towers, done tall. A properly proportioned, 9" tall Absecon would be a great place to start. The old Cleveland Lightstation (c.a. 1885) would be even better.

In size, 'Zilla doesn't really cut mustard (whatever that means) because although tall, it lacks mass. I believe that we perceive size volumetrically more than by mere height. That's why the pieces that Sean refers to, "Point Comfort, Cape Neddick, Nauset, etc...", are winners in the size department along with the tall ones mentioned by Bob. That's also why Eddystone seems out of place in that group -- lots of open space "lightens" the model visually and literally. Not knocking either 'Zilla or Eddystone (I love Eddystone), they are just not "big" in the same sense as the others mentioned.

Terry, interesting that you dredged up that formula and compared Eddystone to it. That was penned in the days before "timed editions" -- I wonder how that strategy's going to play out. Kind of a wildcard, not knowing in advance what the edition size (not accidentally the formula's first criterion) will be.

------------------
-Art

-Art