Stephanie,

I agree with John- the first thing you need to do is go back and read the complete listing.

In fact it would probably help our cause here if you put the link to the finished auction here.

I agree that there is misinformation based on your statements. The level is difficult to be sure of- is it intentional or unintentional is hard to prove.

I would be careful about contacting the seller and asking for your money back- even if the listing says all sales are final- the way you word it can determine the reaction of the seller. As for leaving negative feedback if you get no satisfaction I think the most you should leave is Neutral. The reason I say this is that there is fault on both sides of this transaction.

The time to ask questions about an auction is before you bid on it. If you did this (you didn't mention this) and the seller responded with misinformation that changes things, but if you did not ask or research it elsewhere prior to bidding you must accept some responsibility for the situation.

I also used to try and assist bidders when I saw bad listings- I stopped when I had problems with both sellers and buyers about it. I tried never to badmouth a seller, but tried to inform the bidders that they should research their purchases a bit better. My help was seldom appreciated by anyone so I decided to let people do what they wanted.

I hope the seller comes to an agreement with you, but if they don't you may just have to swallow the loss and move on. Of course this is just my opinion.

Dennis