Quote:
I was considering putting some of them into plastic bags and storing them in my attic. Has anyone had any luck, good or bad, storing boxes in their attic?

I have had good luck so far.
I life in Florida where we have one of the worst mildew problems in the U.S. Therefore, I was concerned at first about putting the boxes in our attic. Nevertheless, I had no choice. Run out of room in the house.

All the boxes that have the Styrofoam inserts in them I stored in the attic in plastic garbage bags. I have checked them all after a year and they look great. A mechanical Engineer friend told me that all you have to do to protect your boxes from mildew is to seal them up in a plastic bag. Make sure when you put the boxes in the bag it is not humid at the time or it is done in an air-conditioned area. He has done this with his books in Tallahassee Florida for over 15 years and they still look the same.

I store all my boxes that come with the peanuts in the house. I dump the peanuts out and store them in the attic in plastic Garbage bags. I folded the boxes up and packed them into one large box about a foot and a half high. I have probably around 50 in one box.

Now if you life up north you probably would not have to put them in bags if you live in a low humidity area. My father has cloths, boxes etc that he has stored in his attic for 35 years in Pittsburgh Pa. With no problems. But he has no trees or water around.

[This message has been edited by Daniel (edited 11-09-99).]

DANIEL