The reason I suggested other alternatives to raising money was I didn’t want to put all of my hope in the Wisconsin Point to save the Forum. The raffle at least brought us all together on the forum and was fun. I also don’t want to some day in the future go to the forum and its nowhere to be found, with no warning, except with an email from Rich saying we ran out of money.

The Wisconsin point wasn’t a total failure, it just wasn’t as successful like the ELL. It did make us some money and it kept the Forum a float for several years now. But on the other hand I think we milked this cow as much as we can and we need to seek a back-up plan.

This is why we don’t give up on the Forum and let it die like every other aspect of harbor Lights has.

1. As I have said before the forums is the documentation of the History or Harbour Lights. It is filled with 16 years of the rise and fall of Harbour Lights. Thousands of post packed with information that will be lost forever. Even if we don’t post on it anymore it should be kept alive as a living testimony of HL and as an open research Library.

2. Because we can keep it operational. Just using a little foresight and some planning it can stay operational.

3. The loss of this forum is another nail in the Harbour Light coffin. The forum still keeps us connected and informed. Like the latest news of the Bob Ott collection for sale. I have bought three so far.

4. The ability to still buy and sell without using EBay. There are still transactions happening on the trading post.

5. I also feel that the loss of the forum would hurt our HL secondary value. Out of sight , out of mind, loss in value.

I made this post to get us all thinking and see who all is still on board

DANIEL