Well, we went to the Cape on Sunday night to make hotel arrangements for our Lighthouse Cruise for next year. We made some great progress and secured some wonderful discount rates. But the best thing was when our hotel room phone rang! It was the Lighthouse Inn (West Dennis, used to be the Bass River Lighthouse) calling to invite us over for a private tour of the Inn and the lighthouse and tower! Well, I couldn't get there fast enough! We toured around the Inn which was filled with the most curious of nautical and lighthouse antiques. It was like a living museum! Plus we climbed the tiny ladder up to the light tower that overlooked an amazing view of Nantucket sound! We agreed to include them as a stop on our tour. This was such a surprise, I had no idea we would be doing this fun side trip! And plus right before we got on the highway we stopped at the Nobska Lighthouse, lit at night, and looked across the water to the Vineyard and saw Gay Head light and one of the Chops lit at night! What fun that was! I got my Cape Cod Lighthouse Fix! laugh laugh laugh

http://www.lighthouseinn.com/

Marblehead, Mass. Lighthouse, you will always have a very special place in our hearts. ....We've made the journey as far south as New Jersey, as far north as Canada. Over 100 lighthouses visited.... and so many more to go.