I, for one, was really unhappy about Lighthouse Depot concerning their deep discounting of older lights. Now I'm more then unhappy! I'm totally disgusted with the fact that LHD is not only selling, but almost giving away, the Society Pieces that ONLY MEMBERS of the Collector's Society could buy.

I am going to comment on a subject that's very near and dear to all of us, and that is Harbour Lights and where they fit into this LHD fiasco. The way I understand the picture is: Lighthouse Marketing(Don Devine) owns both the Lighthouse Depot and more recently Harbour Lights. I'm sure he has the mind of a brilliant businessman, but, I think he may have lost his mind as a collector. As a businessman, you try and make a profit, as a collector you try and make your loyal buyers happy. The Youngers had the businessman and collector part perfected. Mr. Devine is failing to make his loyal collectors happy because he is thinking like a businessman. When he put up the Collectors Society Redemption Pieces for sale to non-society members he has inserted one foot into his proverbial grave. The Collectors Society is lossing members faster then they are getting them and now he sticks this nail into the coffin.

Tony, at Harbour Lights, must be pulling his hair out trying to figure what is going to happen next with the loyal collectors he has left and will they jump ship like rats in a storm. I'm going to bide my time, and tread water, until I see what other surprises are up Mr. Devine's sleeve. If I continue to see more of the business decisions, rather then collector based decisions, I will get in my life raft and sail off into the sunset with my collection as it stands today.

I also have until May to decide if I'm going to renew my membership and will not comment further on my renewal at this time.

Rich