Quote:
I think $292.00 is totally unrealistic! This is probably due to a crazy "bidding" war.....
I disagree that this is not a realistic price. Yes it was a bidding war, but that is what happens when there is a rare lighthouse up for bid.

The last time I saw the ELL on Ebay was back in August of last year and it went for around $230. There was one that just went for $150 but it was purchased by the “BUY IT NOW” which does not give us the actual value. The Cheboygan Crib and the Waugoshance continuously goes on Ebay from the $200’s to $300 and at least once both of them have even reached the $400s. Both of these reunion lights can be used as a guide of what we can expect with the ELL values. The ELL on ebay was a three digit, Just think what it might have gone for if it was a double digit, like so many of you were able to get.

I consider the Cheboygan Crib, Waugoshance and the Erie Land Light the Hottest limited editions of these times. They surpass any of the earlier reunion in their secondary market and at this time I do not see any reason why they won’t continue to be the most valuable Limited edition made by Harbour Lights. They are even giving Bailey’s Harbor a run for the money. I am not comparing them to Gold events or any of the rare variations, but only actual full run Limited editions that could be purchased.

When the “Forum exclusive lighthouse” team came up with The Limited Edition of 500 its main reason was to give the forum members and fellow collector a rare lighthouse for retail. It was designed to be rare and so is our next exclusive the Wisconsin Point WI.
The Wisconsin Point is a larger and more popular than the ELL and I expect it to also have a strong secondary market, probally even better than the ELL.

DANIEL