I owe each and every one of you who ordered a Wacko 2001 Pin an apology. I’ve had the pins for about a month. I’ve had the envelopes ready and the historical perspective written by Barbara printed, ready to be inserted. I had the address labels printed. Everything was ready to go and has been for some time.

I am right handed. The weekend before the pins arrived I injured my right shoulder while sea kayaking. It seemed like no big deal but after a few days it got worse and I could hardly lift my right arm so I went to an orthopedist. He told me I had a rotator cuff tear. He sent me to physical therapy and put me on anti-inflammatory meds. I should have begun to regain the use of my right arm within about a week. I did my therapy regimen and my shoulder seemed to get better. I was almost to the point where I felt I could stuff envelopes, etc. albeit a few at a time, when I seriously and very painfully reinjured it. Surgery is not called for yet but my recovery time is now nine to twelve weeks, beginning last week. In the interim, my darling wife Kim injured her back in a kind of freaky accident. Between the two of us we might make one-half a person!

I kept telling myself I was going to be able to fulfill my commitment to the pin project just any day now, but it’s now obvious I will not be able to do so. I have delayed your receiving your pins because of my wishful thinking and for that I owe you each an apology. Another committee member, Darlene, has generously offered to step in and fulfill my obligation and I am in the process of sending her all the needed materials. Once again, I apologize for the delay.