Just for giggles, how's this for a brainstorm - eliminate that first day around the Keweenaw, since it was done in 2004, and turn the three day trip into a Lake Superior shoreline trip (probably more like four days), going all the way to Sault St. Marie. Then, you could hit Crisp Point, Whitefish, Iriquois, the St. Mary's River lights, etc. with one overnight in Sault St. Marie and one in Marquette. Now I'm just pulling this out of my hat, now knowing if all that could be done in three days. To me, it seems like there is a lot of repeat lights here, with all the trips in and out of Marquette. What do you think?

Suzanne, with your current itinerary, since you are talking about going all the way to Au Sable, what about getting Crisp Point in there as well? Or is that too far? Will there be time for a land tour of the Marquette Harbor Light (red one)? Also, I understand that North Point (Grand Island) is not very visible from the water due to the high bluff it sits on...?

Pictured Rocks will be nice if it's not raining (last time I was there it downpoured!). smile