Quote:
Originally posted by Grace:
Some of you are making some very grave generalizations which are very offensive. In fact, much of what has been posted is extremely exaggerated and taken from media hype. Picking on Mexicans is one point; look at the statistics and who is really coming across the Mexican border. Although my college degree is in languages, I know the history and government of my country and don't need to be told that quotas were eliminated long ago. In reality, that is naivite of the worse sort. The point I was trying to make was not understood. I feel like Dennis; I want to go point by point but it is of no use. This thread was meant for those of you who are likeminded, not for the rest of us. You are very patriotic Americans. Next, we are going to be told, because our point of view is different from yours, that we are UNAMERICAN. I've had that happen before so it won't be the first time, despite the fact that my people were here from the beginning, as I have said before. If you think that all people are equal in this country, this thread is a good example that it isn't so. Freedom of speech is only for those who believe like you do.
Grace, I may not have a degree, but I did go to school and I had to make darn sure I knew the history and government of America, as I was tested on it during the citizenship exam!
And as Tom pointed out - we do have freedom of speech in this country, so it is not UNAMERICAN to have a different opinion.
HCS