Starting a new thread for my questions so as not to lose this in another.

I have quite a number of old slides taken by an uncle and my Dad. The images contained on some of these are priceless as they captured me in my youth. Well that's just one example, lol! Many of them are of family members and also of special places and events.

Question #1 - What is the best storage method to preserve them? At present I have them in their original boxes in larger boxes in a bedroom closet?

Question #2 - How to share without dragging out the projector, screen, inviting folks over to the house at appointed times? Seems the answer's got to be to use the WWW. So what do I do? Do I take a bunch to a lab and ask them to put them on a disc? How many can fit? How much does this cost? Once done can I get duplicate copies of the discs? What is the approved storage method for discs? Clean, dry area?

A number of years ago I took a couple slides to a lab and had them make prints, 5x7's I believe. They came out pretty bad while the original slides were great. I believe they made a negative first.

Another time I took a couple to the same place and these turned out better and they made 8x10's. I don't think they made a negative for these, can't remember exactly how they did it.