I think occasionally we need to step back and just enjoy the line for what it is. I think sometimes we just take ourselves too seriously (myself included), and turn the collectibles into some kind of futures trading or stock market club.

Of course they have a tremendous value when a collection approaches 100 sculptures or more, but how many of us have actually purchased that many to truely sell someday. Even if HL went out of business and the values dropped suddenly, I would still be satisfied with the sculptures I have and what I paid for them. I would bitch and moan with the best of you, but I would still be satisfied. I think we set our sights on having "them all" too much, and everytime HL makes a move that seems to make that goal impossible (or much more painful in the wallet), we get a little testy.

Don't you guys occasionally yearn to be the collector who just discovered and purchased his very first HL, knowing nothing about variations, lightning rods, GLOW's and Signature Series? Just don't become too pessimistic, that every new purchase becomes a painful chore to determine if it is the right "investment" decision or not. Or worse than that, dont reach the point that every new piece becomes so commonplace that when you bring it home it goes directly to the "trophy case", without at least taking the effort to enjoy it. (At least take the time to marvel at Becky's paint job on Grand Haven's roof...she will be mad if you don't)

Be thankful that we have the means to indulge ourselves in such an exclusive "club" of having so many of what we love. Don't worry, be happy...Life's too short.

...wow, did I really type that? I think the violins are starting to play. I better get off this rare 3 sided autographed soapbox before I break an ankle...or heaven forbid, the rare soapbox! LOL

-RodW

[This message has been edited by Rod Watson.]