Its all been smooth waters of late but the fogs rolling in...

Quote:
Once the decision is made to stop with the special label, HL expects to continue to offer the piece as a regular GLOW.

Its great for BY to have a vent for his warm fuzzies for lighthouses that "mean something special" to him. And if the 'signature series' is offered at no cost differential from other OEs then perhaps its relatively harmless.

Nonetheless I gotta say - 'gimme a break, HL'. What's the point of this special limited time label?

Its bad enough to gussy up the OE's in size and attractiveness, its a wholly different story to create something like a limited version of an OE by using a special limited time label. On the one hand if the label is intended to create some illusion of value bestowed upon a Signature model over a piece from the same mold without the special label - then I say stop futzing with the boundary between OE and LE.

On the other hand, if the intent is to create sales of the piece that otherwise would not be there if it had a standard OE label, then I say its a tacky marketing gimmick designed primarily to put a glow in Bill's wallet.

It might be more appropriate to make a Signature piece of a true LE - its being so designated indicates some percentage of its sales go toward lighthouse preservation or something otherwise meaningful.

From the Fog Signal Building,
__
/im