Hello

I finally decided to post a message here since I have been posting in many other forums. My current favorite HL dealer is Veena's Cards and Gifts on 12 Mile Rd and Halsted in Farmington Mi. I have seen some stores with larger HL displays but the people in some of those stores did not know very much about the lighthouses. At Veena's they are VERY helpful in selecting and ordering Harbour Lights items as well as any other collectible they carry and they carry quite a few for the size of their store. I enjoy going in to make my purchases as well as just talking with Veena about collecting in general and how different companies work or do not work with the dealers. She thinks that HL is a great company to work with and is able to order and get information easily.

My past experience with an dealer in Livonia Mi, who I will not name, was good for a few months but then I had many problems receiving society items I had ordered. After a while they seemed to only have 4 or 5 lighthouses on display and stated they could not order any items from Harbour Lights.

When I lived in Coral Springs, Fl, I enjoyed a good relationship with two card shops located in the same mall, who both carried Harbour Lights. If one did not have an item I wanted they called one another to see if it was available at the other store even though it was a short walk between stores. I alternated my society orders between the stores so they each received credit for being dealers. These stores, one a Hallmark Gold Crown store the other a Carlton Cards dealer, were very helpful in getting me started in collection HL lighthouses. Without them I may not have gone as "Newbie/Wacko" as I am now.

Well I guess that is it for now, my fingers are tired and I must save myself in case I want to post to other forums tonight.

Jim

[This message has been edited by drwhok9 (edited 07-27-99).]

Jim
Dr. Who ?