Print Thread
To Nikon or not to - - - - - - - - #181384 03/11/02 12:42 AM
B
Bud Schrader Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
B
OK Gary,I went to the Photo Shop and was MY wife proud- I came back with only a neat little "Microstar" cleaning cloth. For some reason I had some lens that needed cleaned! I did however fall for a cute little Nikon N-80- What do you think of this one? I esp. like the vert& horiz. matte it can display- seems great for horizons and buildings. Also like the fact it doesn't have all the programmed modes (potrait, etc.) This could be my next major purchase! Does anyone else have this model? Thanks!

Bud

Bud
Re: To Nikon or not to - - - - - - - - #181385 03/11/02 01:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bud,

Personally, I'm heavily prone to Nikon... sorry Canon persons but I respect your preferences too.

Everything I've read on the N80 has been very favorable as an "intermediate" camera that will give you a bunch of features that the starter N55/N65 versions don't. The N80 replaced the N70 a while back. That one my son has and although I didn't like the layout of the display on top of the camera - it's not bad, just a lot different form that of the F5 and N90 that I normally shoot with - it otherwise was an excellent camera. I haven't handled the N80, but I can always stop at Norman's and play with it this week...

Gee... just a Microstar cleaning cloth. My wife would die of shock if I went in there and that was all I came out with! Can't understand why any of your lenses would have needed cleaned after out little outing on Saturday though.... LOL

Re: To Nikon or not to - - - - - - - - #181386 03/11/02 01:11 AM
1of3trees@prodigy.net Offline
Gee, Gary, I can remember one time at Norman's when you only exchanged an incorrect size on a hex nut for one of your tripods and didn't spend any money at all and another time when you only bought a wallet for some of your filters.....

And goodness, why would either of you need to clean lenses? LOL!!

Terry (Only my mother, brothers & sisters call me Teresa) Forrest
Re: To Nikon or not to - - - - - - - - #181387 03/11/02 01:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Terry, have you noticed that you're getting close to 100 posts on the HL forums? Going to make it tonight????

Uhhh as for cleaning lenses... there may have been a little spray in the air at Grand Haven Saturday afternoon.... just a little....

[This message has been edited by lighthouse_photo (edited 03-10-2002).]

Re: To Nikon or not to - - - - - - - - #181388 03/11/02 02:21 AM
1of3trees@prodigy.net Offline
Only a little - LOL?? And yes, I knew I was getting close to 100 and this one makes it! BTW, thanks again for my little lighthouse icon. I can't wait to be able to use the colored version once the contest results are out!!

Terry (Only my mother, brothers & sisters call me Teresa) Forrest

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,643
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,196 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users