Barry, we did drive over to Navesink and got some closeups. Stan climbed the North Tower and got the South Tower from that angle. We walked the grounds and got a picture of Sandy Hook from Navesink.

The photo I posted here of Navesink was taken from the car as we left Fort Hancock (Sandy Hook). Glad we did that because we couldn't find a place to stand at Navesink where both towers could be photographed. (Didn't feel it necessary to post the two shots of my side-view mirror showing me holding the camera, but you get the picture--Stan's much better at pictures.)

Saturday afternoon found us aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher for a 5-hour Delaware Bay cruise in spectacular weather. . . .

Brandywine Shoal, New Jersey:

14' Shoal--we could smell the newly painted LH. Named for the shoal there that averages 14' in height.

Miah Maull Shoal--captain says the paint used is fire engine red! Sun really does a number on that color. Named for Jeremiah Maull per captain--will have to research why.

Cross Ledge remains:

Elbow of Cross Ledge:

Ship John Shoal, Delaware (named for Ship John, a ship that sank at that site)

Returned to dock at 6 PM or so and took advantage of the late-setting sun to photograph these two. . . .

East Point

Ludlum Beach (reconfigured). Trust me people, these are the remains of a LH that is now located in Sea Isle, NJ at 3414 Landis Avenue. Refer to America's Atlantic Coast Lighthouses 5th Edition, page 117 for details:

Traveled to and photographed eleven lighthouses on a spectacular Saturday. Will post the remaining three that we shot on our way home on Sunday.