Thanks, Ruthie!

For whatever it's worth, Larry, the average professional photographer gets about 2-3 shots that he/she considers "keepers" out of a 36 exposure roll. Another old adage out there is that the difference between amateur and professional photographers is the size of their respective garbage cans!

Seems like I always have some bad ones on every rolls where, despite the fact that the viewfinder on my F5's give me 100% coverage, I always find something tucked into a corner or something that I look at and wonder why I didn't see that, and that slide becomes a garbage can fisbee... There are a myriad of other reasons for bad shots. Probably the most common problem is programmed exposure usage of all of our cameras. If you shoot manual, set up an exposure properly by metering on what you want to use to set the exposure and then recompose, you keep the meter reading and get the exposure correct. On the other hand, if you're in a programmed mode, you set up the exposure, recompose and the camera, whether you like it or not - assuming you're not holding a button for exposure lock if your camera has one of those critters - resets the exposure for you and you've been zapped! Another garbage can frisbee in the making.

Gary