Although not spectacular in structure my pick would be the Mississagi Light on Manitoulin Island, Canada. I have visited this light since I was 6 years old and every year since then. I watched the old light fall into a very severe case of neglect especially when it was de-activated and almost came to a point of demolition ordered by the Canadian government after sitting unused for so many years. At the last minute the government decided to reactivate it and immediately restored the property to its original beauty. The light sits atop a beautiful rocky point outside Meldrum bay, guarding the dangerous Mississagi Staits. Visitors used to have total access inside the old lighthouse where the whole interior had been left untouched since the last lightkeeper left and locked the door behind him right down to the kitchen utensils and clothes still hanging in the closets. Now the government is pretty stingy about letting anyone inside but I have been told tours can be arranged.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=39661&a=259804&p=11420633&Sequence=1[/img]