Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
COMMENTS REQUESTED - NTFGame #162848 08/21/02 11:33 AM
Pharologst Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
We are only two weeks away from starting a new round, Sept thru Dec, and we would like to boost the number of players. In that interest, I would welcome comments and/or suggestions that might improve the game in the hopes of attracting additional players. If you haven't played before go to NTFG #14 and pick out one or two of the puzzles to solve and see how the game currently works.

You may post your comments/suggestions here or send them to me via email (pharologst@webworkz.com)if they are too detailed for the thread. Either way here is your chance to improve/modify the game to make it more enjoyable and appealing to more participants. I look forward to the evolution of NAME THE FLAME GAME !!

Geo H.
Re: COMMENTS REQUESTED - NTFGame #162849 08/24/02 11:48 AM
Larry Offline
I have to say, they have become more difficult and time consuming, and that may be scaring people away. I also prefer something less that 5 lighthouses to identify each week. But otherwise, I still enjoy playing.

What does everyone else think?

A show of hands:

Who reads the NTFG threads?
Who downlaods the puzzles?
Who completes the puzzles?
Who attempts to find the lighthouses?
If yes to any of the above, how often?
If no, why not?

Re: COMMENTS REQUESTED - NTFGame #162850 08/24/02 01:57 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
George - I know this has been a real labor - and a labor of love for you. So thanks for doing this so reliably and so long.

It may be that it needs a rest for some months before it comes back. Perhaps then you might try some detail photos of Harbour Lights pieces. Taken close-up, it might be a challenge to identify which piece the shot is from. Just an idea.

Thanks again for all your dedication.

Re: COMMENTS REQUESTED - NTFGame #162851 08/25/02 12:57 AM
Tom and Joyce Abbott Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
We hate to see the NTFG disappear completely. John has a good point in suggesting it may need a rest for a few months.

These puzzles have been so much fun, even if we do have to spend a lot of time researching. We’ve learned a lot about lighthouses just from the necessary research. Thank you for your dedication in keeping these puzzles difficult and fun. We monitored the game for a few days and it was time consuming. Had to keep checking for e-mail guesses, come up with clues, tally the scores, etc. And we had the easy part. Didn’t have to come up with the actual puzzle.

Is it possible one reason participation is down is because it’s summertime and most people aren’t locked to their computers like some of us? frown frown

Here are some suggestions:
Maybe one lighthouse puzzle a week. (Five puzzles are overwhelming)
Limit the number of lighthouses in one puzzle to 2, except for the final one in the Round.
More clues.
Keep the scoring as is. It gives more people a change to accumulate points.

Thanks again George!

Tom & Joyce

Moderated by  seagirt 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 998 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users