Terrific! smile

I will be covering the event for a magazine with a big string attached. They have asked me to submit pictures and an article about the event, and if they like it, they will publish it. If they don't, well it will end up on the "cutting room floor", so to speak.

Can you PM me with the name of these folks?

I do have a couple of questions about the cruise:

Where are you going to park all these vehicles at the various lighthouses?

The time for the cruise is spread out, so people will be starting at various times, and there shouldn't be a large of huge numbers of crowds going together, so cars shouldn't be bunching up at the lighthouses. Nauset/3 Sisters, and Race Point have very large parking lots (for the beach) and they will be an excellent place to park, with parking for hundreds of cars. Highland lighthouse will be providing "overflow" parking in a grassy lot near the golf course, just below the regular parking lots. The Bass River light is a hotel/inn with plenty of parking, as the hotel isn't open to the public at this time. Chatham has ample parking with around 25 spaces. Nobska, is a little challenging. We have 15 spaces in the restricted beach parking only area, and there will be around 10 parking places at the lighthouse. There will be 2 people helping to park cars at this lighthouse. I am suggesting that you only need to stop at this lighthouse if you are interested in touring it. We will be giving out that dash plaque ahead of time, so for many people they won't have to stop there.

What are your plans for keeping everyone together in Cape traffic?

We are offering people to go in groups, with groups departing from Falmouth every half and hour. However, some people want to do it on their own - not in a group - and that is fine as well. We are supplying detailed directions with maps to give everyone the best routes on the Cape. Whenever possible, we will try to keep the cars off of Route 28, and we will divert the journey from Nobska to Bass River onto Route 6, it's shorter, there's less traffic, and it will keep the cars cooled down.

Have any of your drivers experienced overheating problems driving at slow speeds in traffic? I know my Corvette likes to "run" and not idle for long periods of time in traffic.

My Firebird also runs on the warm side, and I am aware that people could have potential issues. That is why we have tried to make the best route possible. In addition this is still the slow season on Cape Cod, it's still fairly quiet for the month of May until Memorial day. We have notified the Police departments as well of the event, and in some cases I have gone down to meet with them.

Will some of the participants be on their own going from lighthouse to lighthouse?

Some people want to do the cruise on their own, at their own pace. It's entirely up to each person. Some people have already told me that they are interested in visiting the lighthouses in a different order than what we have suggested (for their own reasons), and that is fine, too. We have some people making the reverse drive, as well, starting in Provincetown and ending in Woods Hole (Falmouth).

Marblehead, Mass. Lighthouse, you will always have a very special place in our hearts. ....We've made the journey as far south as New Jersey, as far north as Canada. Over 100 lighthouses visited.... and so many more to go.