Hi Dennis,

It was great to meet you. You've been a supporter of ours for a long time and I really appreciate that.

The gentleman who was stationed at Fire island in the 30s was Frank Estler. We'll be intervieing him for our oral history project soon and will publish some of his experiences in an upcoming issue of the Long Island Light Keeper.

Gottfried is indeed expected to be one of the keepers at the Keepers' Dinner Cruise. He was stationed at Fire Island from 48 to 54. His letter to the Flying Santa is in Edward Rowe Snow's book, Famous Lighthouses of America (I think it's on page 9).

Also scheduled to appear on March 21 are Kevin Brennan (Race Rock 1959), who was also in attendance Saturday; Louie Anderson (Cold Spring Harbor and Lloyd Harbor in the 30s), Tom Rysedorph (Little Gull Island 58-60), and Tony Tuliano (Plum Island 1977). I expect to get a couple more, too. Anyway, back to Saturday...

"he did a great job of answering just about every
question at the meeting."

Which question didn't I answer? I have a personal zero-tolerance policy - if I missed one, I must make amends!

It's always great to meet new people at the meetings and events, especially the folks from this board. Who's the next one coming to Long Island? smile

Bob