I know that many people collect different things for different reasons. I have never held any appeal for Precious Moments because to me they were a collectible for a child's room or something like that. I know I am probably incorrect but that's how I see them. I know many women who, when they were girls, had them but have now outgrown the desire for them. I think that Ty Beanie Babies are an example of a craze, instead of a true collectible. I supposed it all depends on how you look at the big picture. If you collect a certain line, is it because you truly enjoy the line and what it represents or are you buying because of the potential for a profit. I know I have purchased pieces which I paid a certain price for and then a month later it was $25 less on ebay and then the following month, was $25 more than I paid.

Prices on ebay are like the tide, high and low. I think the key is marketing. I had never even heard of a Harbour Light until I bought my computer and saw them on ebay when I did a lighthouse search. I developed a fondness for lighthouses and wanted to learn more about them. I think that lately, from what I've seen on tv, there's a lighthouse in at least one or two commericals a day, and growing. The population is finding them attractive and I think mysterious, if that's the right word, and that will help keep the HL line alive for new collectors.

Joanne