The responders to this thread make some interesting and valid points. I was surprised by the lack of overall response on a site with so many registered members. The opportunity to receive a Harbour Lights Lighthouse for free, if you pay the shipping, is a good one.

I often think about the HL Collectors who would literally travel hundreds of miles and would be ecstatic if they were fortunate enough to win most any HL product. The cost of them traveling was far more than a $10-$15 shipping and insurance cost. As a matter of fact, I won a Pemaquid Point on two seperate occasions. I do believe I have 4 or 5 of those in stock. There was no, "I don't want to win those prizes because I have all of them now." Duplicates were always welcome. They were good for gifts, for trade, or even for sale.

I do totally understand the poor economic times and the fact that people must be concerned about what they spend their hard-earned dollars on. There are many necessary things you must have to survive, and collectibles is not one of them.

Things have certainly changed in the HL Collecting World. I'm still hoping things may turn around some day.

smile Bob