Quote:
So, in some stores you get the bonus incentive, and can buy a HL piece that retails for $80 for $60 because you have two $10 gift certificates for spending $100 is okay? To me it's the same darn thing except as a consumer I am being forced to purchase from the same dealer

In many stores its not the "same thing". Many stores may offer you these savings for being what I call a "good dependable customer". These "certificates" would be earned for any collectible that you purchase in the store allowing you to apply them to any collectible you wish. (1) This would intern rotate the stock without falsely implying the collectible is suffering. (2) It gives the "good dependable customer" a break on cost. (3) Its a win win situation as I see it. The Collectible remains appealing, the Dealer makes a reasonable profit, the Dealer's inventory of all collectibles continues to rotate, the buyer saves some money, and last but not least your Dealer knows you as a "good dependable customer" and they look out for you. If they don't well your certainly not forced to deal with that dealer. If all of my above objectives are met, should you feel that you are being forced to deal with a dealer? I guess so, but whats the problem if you are? As I said its a win win scenario.

[This message has been edited by SThompson (edited 11-29-99).]