Greetings, HL Forum Folks!
We're joining the forum! We have spent many hours reading through the forums - what a great "collection" of people! The humor, creativity, and camaraderie are fantastic.
We think we are very in sync with the HL forum family . . .we're just as wacko!

We live in Seattle where we often sail on the Puget Sound at night - the many active lighthouses are such a welcome sight. Our HL collecting started 3 years ago. I innocently bought the HL Mukilteo for my husband in Nashville where I was attending a convention. We found out about HL's when we read through the stuff in the HL Mukilteo box. Off we went to a HL dealer and took a look. . . 117 HL's and many lighthouse adventures later, we're just your average, typical HL wacko's.

Some adventure highlights: 1. On the way home from our local IKEA store with a HUGE load of new bookcases-with-glass-doors for our HL's collection, our van broke down on the busy freeway into Seattle. We had just pulled over to the shoulder when a big flat-bed tow truck pulled in behind us and offered to load us up and take us home for $60. The flame was burning for us! 2. We were going through security at the Burbank, CA airport with 9 HL's, purchased in the LA area, packed in one suitcase (the 9 boxes were flattened in the other suitcase) and security made us unwrap every single lighthouse. The security person admired the HL's so much, she called the other security folks over to take a look. We shared the flame! 3. We had to go to a wedding in Indiana last month. We decided to drive so we could see as many accessible Great Lakes lighthouses as possible. (And we could take our dogs with us.) The lighthouses were awesome! (8 rolls of film.) We fanned the flame! 4. So the Duluth area had NO MOTEL ROOMS available anywhere. We just had to see Split Rock in the morning. . .what to do? We slept in the back of the Jeep with our two 90 lb. Dogs! Split Rock was worth it. We kept the flame!
We're glad to be part of the whole HL family of collectors and wacko's!
Y'all keep the flame now!

------------------

Seattle Sailors

'Bama Boaters