It is interesting to read the "Where are you from" forum. I live in central Arkansas, Conway, to be exact. No real lighthouses around here and having a hard time finding HLs. A pharmacy in town has recently started selling them, so I immediately ordered Coquille River. Haven't received it yet, but haven't givine up hope. The day after Christmas I'm flying to Oregon to visit my brother who lives very near the Bandon area and will definitely make a "pilgrimage" to the light. Also hope to see the Cape Blanco, Cape Mears and both Heceta lights. I don't know about the Umpqua light. I don't know what the condition of any of them are or if they are even open, but I plan on finding out. I can't wait!

Reading an much earlier posting Derith mentioned she was going to fly over Burrow's Island. I didn't see any further mention of her trip, but would be interested in knowing how it looks now. I saw an aerial photo of the island light station in a lighthouse book, but the former Officer-in-Charge's house is no longer there. That aroused my curiosity since the large two-family house is still there as is the boat house and the light and a few out buildings. So, I was hoping to find an update on how the island looks now, compared to when I lived there 33 years ago.

Our hobbies include anything to do with aviation: flying r/c airplanes, going to airshows, teaching our grandsons to fly r/c, collecting aviation memorabilia and toys, and I, of course, collect Harbour Lights, specifically the Pacific Northwest lights, Oregon in particular, since I grew up there and spent lots of days at the beach. We both work in the aviation industry, I work at an international corporate jet completion/maintenance center in the completion inspection department (I don't inspect anything, I just help do FAA paperwork after the aircraft is completed and ready to deliver). My husband works for a company that does repairs and maintenance on all types of aircraft, but he works in the corporate jet division as Lead Man in the Hawker aircraft department. The company is the one that the President always flies into their facility when he comes to Little Rock.

Grammy