Quote:
Originally posted by Bigbird:
Quote:
Originally posted by MelJB:
[b] Was somewhat seasick during the Saturday boat trip and then again at dinner, both cured with a little Dramamine. Later developed hives on my arms frown , which I think was a reaction to the sunscreen. But thankfully did not have the bug others have mentioned. smile
What are the possible side effects of dimenhydrinate?
• Stop taking dimenhydrinate and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives).
• Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take dimenhydrinate and talk to your doctor if you experience
· drowsiness or dizziness;
· restlessness, excitation, nervousness, or insomnia;
· blurred or double vision;
· dry mouth, nose, or throat;
· decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea;
· difficulty urinating; or
· an irregular or fast heartbeat.
• Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.

or not... smile

Try ginger capsules about 45 mins before boarding next time; if really sensitive to motion, try tincture in a little club soda, or water...a little now, not a cup; if that seems not enough, try the crystalized ginger and eat a few pieces...if that doesn't work, what the heck you doin' on a boat anyway?!!? laugh

Capsules work fine for me unless it's really, choppy, then everything's coming up ginger(so to speak!! Problem with capsules is as they dry, they lose some potency, and with ginger ale's, most don't have enough REAl ginger to help. Tincture's are made with fresh or as fresh as possible as isthe candied/crystalized.

Don't believe I took anything when we went to the Cape lookout light and we were wave hopping, which surprisingly doesn't make me sick perse, it's the stopping and rocking that kills me!!

Steve wink

BTW, I bought the candied and made some tincture/extract for when we go on vacation...plane and ship!! eek [/b]
I also heard that eating an apple can prevent sea sickness.
HCS